Catalina Island Welcomes Visitors!
The health and safety of visitors to and residents of Catalina Island, is our number one priority.
Island businesses, parks, harbors and beaches are open, some with limited service. Los Angeles County health orders are in effect on the island including social distancing and face coverings. We recommend verifying any activity or business' status directly with them before planning a visit. Please be advised that to accommodate for social distancing, most activities require advanced reservations. Please inquire with the individual business about their policies. The State of California has also provided a resource guide available here.
TRANSPORTATION TO CATALINA
The Catalina Express is operating on a limited schedule; adding boats as demand increases. The Catalina Flyer from Newport operates daily service. IEX Helicopters is available with daily flight service to the island.
Many restaurants are open and available for take out, outdoor dining, curb-side service and delivery. View a list of our Open Restaurants with links to view menus and phone numbers for call ahead ordering.
RETAIL, SERVICES & ACTIVITIES
Our services and many of our retail shops are open, as well as recreational activities. Most require advance reservations. View a list of Open Retail, Services & Activities.
Hair Salons and barbershops have been approved to open. Check with your favorite salon for operational details.
HOTELS & VACATION RENTALS
Hotels and vacation rentals are open and taking reservations.
Avalon moorings are open. The fuel dock is open daily - hours may vary. Contact the Avalon Harbor Department for more information, 310-510-0535 or VHF Channel 12. Shoreboat/water-taxi (VHF Channel 9) available from 8am-10pm daily through the end of June and 7am-midnight daily in July.
TWO HARBORS & WEST END MOORINGS
Moorings at Isthmus Cove, Cat Harbor, Fourth of July Cove, Cherry Cove, Hen Rock, White’s Landing, Moonstone, Emerald Bay, Howland's Landing, Little Geiger and Buttonshell, will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis. More info.
Catalina Island hiking trails are open.
In accordance with LA County directives, Catalina Island hiking trails including the Hour Trail and Hermit Gulch Trail are now open. Please visit the Conservancy website for new safety guidelines and additional updated information.
- Hiking without a face mask is permitted except if you are within 6' of a non-family member or someone with whom you are not currently quarantining; appropriate social distancing is required.
- Do not use the trails if you are exhibiting any symptoms.
- Please follow all current LA County guidelines, found here.
- Conservancy Rangers and LA County Baywatch remain on patrol across the Island.
- Chairs, canopies and coolers are now allowed on the beach (no alcohol or pets).
- Fishing is NOT allowed on any of Avalon's beaches.
- Face coverings required out of the water & around others, except for infants/children under age 2.
- Six feet (or more) of physical distancing will be required between individuals outside of the same household.
- NO: group sports (such as Volleyball), gatherings or events.
- List of LA County's "Beach Rules" :
AIRPORT IN THE SKY
- Catalina Island's ACE Clearwater Airfield at Airport in the Sky is now open, with limited services, to all aircraft.
- Restrooms are open visitors and hikers.
- DC-3 Gifts & Grill is open. Inside and and outside dining will be in accordance with social distancing guidelines, and masks will be required in restaurant except while eating.
- Wildlands Express offers limited service between Avalon & Little Harbor (No service to Two Harbors). For reservations contact: 310-510-0143.
THE TRAILHEAD & WRIGLEY MEMORIAL AND BOTANIC GARDEN
CASINO POINT DIVE PARK
Check with your place of worship to find their opening schedule.