Overlook Hall, perched on a hillside on upper Whitley Ave in Avalon, offers commanding views of the Pacific Ocean. The building was built in 1929 as the Christian Science Society's church and meeting space in the style of an Italian chapel. Designed by Hans Wllner of the architectural firm of Webber & Spaulding, the same firm that desiged Catalina's majestic Casino building. The building features a brick facade, open beam ceiling, and an expansive deck.
The builiding operated as a church for 60 years. It was purchased and completed remodeled in 2010-2011. The buidling was renamed Overlook Hall and opened as an event space, hosting wedding and small meetings.
The building was designated was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2017.