Catalina Chimes Tower
Located up above the Avalon Bay and across from the Zane Grey Pueblo Hotel, the Catalina Chimes have been tolling on the quarter of the hour between 8:00 am and 8:00 pm since 1925.
William Wrigley Jr. and wife Ada purchased the Westminster chimes from the Deagan Company of Chicago in 1925 and a Spanish-style structure was built to house the chimes. The Catalina Chimes Tower was presented as a gift to the town of Avalon by Mrs. Wrigley in hopes to add a bit of character to the island. Only half the 400 or so chimes produced by the Deagan Company are still in operation today.
$10 Off Catalina Island Ferry
Hop onboard the Catalina Flyer for daily ferry service from Newport Beach to Avalon, Catalina Island in just over 1 hour.
Online reservations are now open!
A sparkling night of evening gowns, tuxedos, champagne, dining and dancing on Sunday, December 31 in the world-famous Casino Ballroom.