Last Updated: February 1, 2023
Personal Information Collected
We collect Personal Information from you through online forms, emails we send that you read and click, the pages you visit on our website after clicking emails or completing online forms. This information may include:
- Email Address
- Location Data
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our viewers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns). We use analytics to gather usage information about our website and communications. This helps us understand their effectiveness.
Data you provide with consent is held until you withdraw that consent. Data about how you engage with us, such as reading emails and browsing web pages may be held for up to ten years or more from the last time you engage with us.
How Your Personal Information Is Used
- Providing and personalizing our services and website
- Responding to your inquiries and requests
- Administering orders and accounts
- Providing you with information about news and events
- Understanding what is of interest to you to improve and provide the most relevant content
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
We do not sell or distribute your information to others for the purpose of your being marketed to. We may share your identifying information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your personal information here. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here.
We may also use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
BING – https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info .
We use consent and legitimate interest as the GDPR basis to store and process your data. The lawful bases are (a) the performance of a contract with you and (b) it is necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products and services, to develop them and grow our business). Legitimate interests include:
- Responding to inquiries you make whether by phone, email, contact form, or other method.
- Tailoring information based on your activity, such as what content you show interest in.
- Delivering electronic information you have requested, such as our e-newsletter.
- We will not sell, barter or rent your data. We may use third party suppliers to help us process your data but only for the purposes identified in this policy.
- Our website and communications may include links to third parties. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of any third party to whom we link.
Your rights include:
- Request the personal data we hold about you.
- Complain to a supervisory authority if you believe we have misused your data
- Withdraw consent at any time
- International information transfers
We use trusted companies to process data outside in the United States. We keep shared data to the minimum necessary, review the privacy policies of those companies and only work with companies we trust to keep your data safe.
If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to these practices or would like to withdraw consent, please contact
Love Catalina Island Tourism Authority
P.O. Box 217, Avalon, CA 90704
Physical Address (Visitor Center): 1 Green Pleasure Pier, Avalon, CA 90704
Best of Winter Packages available
Save when you package overnight accommodations and ferry transportation to Catalina. Plus enjoy resort style amenities.
Catalina Flyer from Newport
$10 Off Catalina Island Ferry
Hop onboard the Catalina Flyer with daily round trip service to Catalina Island from Newport Beach.