Exciting Group Activities
Keeping your meeting attendees engaged and delighted before, during, and after the meeting is important. Whether you’re looking for a team building activity, a morning yoga class, or a group tour into the island's interior, Catalina Island offers a diverse variety of tours & activities both on and off of the water. Take a bus tour of Catalina Island’s vast interior, get out on the water with a group kayak or fishing tour, team build with a zip line tour, aerial course or escape room or indulge your group with a day spa experience. The possibilities are endless.
Group Activity Ideas
- Tours are the popular Catalina team-building activities. Ranging from informative city bus excursions to more adventurous expeditions to the island’s interior --where you can spot wildlife and visit the Airport in the Sky -- the tours on Catalina are a popular option because of their variety.
- Catalina Island’s newest adventure gets your team climbing the trees. The Catalina Aerial Adventure is an arboreal obstacle course featuring suspension bridges, mini-ziplines and balance beams that will have your team cheering each other and working together to complete one of five courses.
- A scavenger hunt on foot or by golf cart is an exciting and fun way to get to know the people in your group, as well explore Avalon.
- Ideal for groups, escape rooms require your team to work together to solve riddles, clues and puzzles to complete a challenge and “unlock” the room. Avalon offers one escape room, Catalina Room Escape.
- Spa day: There’s nothing like bonding while relaxing – and making your team feel appreciated. Massages, body treatments and a little pampering will unite your crew and prepare them to take on the next work-related related challenge.
- Kayaking across Catalina Island’s crystal clear waters and enjoying the spectacular island coastline is a unique adventure no matter what the size of your group. Kayak races and tours can be arranged for teams as small as half a dozen or as large as several dozen.
- Explore Two Harbors, located near the island’s remote West End, it's a perfect expedition for teams with a bit more time. Accessible by boat, this adventurer’s paradise features an expansive beach along with kayaking, snorkeling and hiking as well as a restaurant, bar, snack stand and comfortable beach front palapas for relaxing.
- Catalina Mini Golf Gardens has been entertaining families for generations. This tree-lined retreat in the center of Avalon also offers a team-building challenge replete with competition and entertainment alike.
- Catalina Island’s interior is a natural wonderland of rugged terrain, unique wildlife and awe-inspiring vistas. Getting your team out of town to explore the island on a hike and challenge themselves on miles of hiking trails is a Catalina Island team-building activity your group will never forget.
Need assist planning your group outing? Contact Catalina Tours.