AVALON, CALIF. – Catalina Island will welcome the warmer months with an array of new offerings and seasonal events this spring. Love Catalina Island Tourism Authority is happy to announce updates on behalf of businesses on the island that will have visitors escaping to Catalina all season long.
New Offerings and Upcoming Events:
- Renovated Rooms at Hermosa Hotel – Located just steps away from the water, the Hermosa Hotel has refreshed its “Family Unit” rooms, updating everything from the kitchen, furniture, beds, and linens. These rooms are perfect for accommodating four to five guests. Hermosa Hotel has also partnered with the Catalina Museum for Art & History to incorporate vintage photos of the island into the décor as a nod to the hotel’s rich 126-year history. Each room is unique, please call the hotel to book the best room for your island getaway.
- Cork + Brew Bar at Hermosa Hotel Reopens – Cork + Brew Bar at Hermosa Hotel has reopened its doors just in time for spring break. Locals and visitors can once again enjoy the bar’s craft beer and wine selection, including a variety of regional craft brews from Ballast Point and Coronado Brewing, along with a “Create Your Own Wine Flight” option featuring the best of Daou wines. Visitors can also enjoy weekly trivia every Tuesday from 7 – 9 p.m.
- Dockdash Boat Side Delivery – Boaters enjoying the day on the Avalon Bay never have to leave the comfort of their boat with this all-new boat side delivery service. With a variety of beverages and snacks to choose from, Dockdash features beers, seltzers, wine, mimosa buckets, chips, trail mix, ice cream and more. To place an order, customers can view the menu online here and call 310-510-0046.
- Vegan-Friendly Menus at Steve’s Steakhouse and Catalina Coffee & Cookie Co. – Visitors looking for vegan dining options on the island can head to Steve’s Steakhouse and enjoy a number of dishes from its new vegan-friendly menu selection, including Cauliflower Steak with a special vegan sauce and cheese, sweet potato fries and asparagus spears; a Black Bean Chipotle Burger with lettuce, tomato and onion on a corn dusted vegan bun; or the Impossible Burger featuring a plant based patty, lettuce and onion. Visit the website here for more information. Catalina Coffee & Cookie Co. also introduced vegan options to its expansive menu, including a Chocolate Sprinkled Baked Vegan Donut, Churro Organic Baked Vegan Donut, Vegan Best Brownie Ever, plant-based JUST Egg, vegan cream cheese, vegan sausage, and more that can be added to menu items.
- Catalina Museum for Art & History opens Norman Rockwell Exhibit – Formerly known as the Catalina Island Museum, the Catalina Museum for Art & History has welcomed the Norman Rockwell in the 1940s: A View of the American Homefront exhibition. On view March 5 – October 2, 2022, the exhibit features Rockwell’s interpretation of the effects of World War II on servicemen and women. Tickets are free for museum member and $5 for the general public.
- Spring Fest – Organized by the City of Avalon, the Annual Spring Fest celebration will be held on April 28 from 5 to 9 p.m. The beloved community festival features food, games and fun for visitors of all ages.
- Pier-side Fishing from “Learn to Fish….Hook, Line and Sinker” – Great for beginners, kids or adults, learn to fish like a pro with dock-side fishing lessons off. No equipment or prior experience is necessary – rod, tackle and bait are provided!
About Love Catalina Island:
Love Catalina Island Tourism Authority is the Island's official source of visitor information. Originally founded in 1949, the nonprofit is comprised of approximately 230 member organizations, working closely with city officials, local businesses and the community at large to attract visitors and support the local economy. Love Catalina Island is governed by an elected board of directors and is funded in part through the collection of Transient Occupancy Taxes. For more information, please visit www.lovecatalina.com. Travelers can also join the conversation on Facebook (www.facebook.com/lovecatalinaisland) Instagram (@LoveCatalinaIsland) and Twitter (@LoveCatalina_).