We look forward to welcoming you to beautiful Catalina Island. We've put together information on what you need to know when traveling to Catalina Island as it pertains to Public Health and COVID-19. Catalina Island is a part of Los Angeles County, in the state of California, and we follow all mandates as set forth by the City of Avalon, Los Angeles County, State of California and Federal Government.
(4/21/22) In LA County, everyone, regardless of vaccination status, must wear a mask in the following settings:
- On all forms of public transportation in LA County. This includes trains, buses, taxis and ride-shares.
- In all indoor transportation hubs in LA County including airport and bus terminals, train and subway stations, seaports or other indoor port terminals, or any other indoor area that serves as a transportation hub.
- In healthcare settings
- In long-term care settings and adult/senior care facilities
- In state and local correctional facilities and detention centers
- Shelters and cooling centers
- In any other location where it is the policy of the business or venue
Complete details can be found on our COVID-19 page.
There are no mandates in place requiring vaccinations to travel between the mainland and Catalina Island.
Vaccine verification in health care and congregate care settings continues to be required. Vaccine verification at indoor mega events, outdoor mega events and indoor portions of bars, nightclubs and lounges is strongly recommended and no longer required.
The County of Los Angeles is recommending, but no longer requiring, masking at mega events and K-12 schools and childcare centers.
Everything is open on Catalina Island. We do not have any business closures that are related to the pandemic. Visit our Current Hours page to find out about hours and seasonal closures.
We ask that you do a self symptom check before traveling to Catalina Island. If you feel ill or have any symptoms associated with COVID-19, plus postpone your travel until you are well.
Medical Care & Testing
Should the need arise for COVID testing while on island, Leo's Drugstore offers at-home rapid self testing kits. Catalina Island Medical Center offers COVID testing in their clinic. Please contact CIMC for more information on testing and hours.
For more detailed information on regulations, mandates and more, visit our COVID-19 microsite.