Island of Romance
Catalina Island the perfect romantic getaway. Known as the “Island of Romance," after the popular “26 Miles Across the Sea” song, it’s easy to sail away to the beautiful shores of Catalina Island.
The island’s main town of Avalon offers a unique romantic setting with a distinctive Mediterranean charm. Catalina is the only island destination in California that offers a large selection of accommodations that includes everything from beachfront hotels to cozy bed and breakfasts, well-appointed condos, charming cottages, and even a four-star country inn.
Many of the hotels have romantic amenities such as fireplaces, whirlpool jacuzzi tubs, private balconies and ocean views to make your stay a passionate paradise. Relax in sumptuous surroundings and overlook the boats bobbing in the harbor. Stroll along the moonlit shore and enjoy a quiet intimate dinner for two.
There are many romantic activities for the two of you in this lover’s paradise.
- Ride on a bicycle built for two and explore ocean-front roadways and lush canyon drives
- Go parasailing or kayaking or enjoy a round of golf
- Watch for whales and dolphins on an ocean rafting adventure
- Take in the sights on one of the island’s many scenic city tours
- Discover the wild side of Catalina’s interior on an inland motor tour or Jeep eco-tour
- Spend time alone in the interior – one of the most stunning locations to go hiking or comfort camping surrounded by the beauty of the Pacific Ocean
- Plan a picnic lunch and discover a secluded cove
- Explore Catalina Island’s abundant marine life without getting wet on a semi-submersible submarine
- Indulge yourselves at one of Avalon’s day spas -- hot stones, Swedish, Thai or couples massages
- Dine at one of the many bayfront restaurants
To make your visit to Catalina Island extra special consider having champagne and a charcuterie delivered to your hotel room or ready for you to pick up as a surprise for your sweetheart.