Tourism Authority Resources
Love Catalina Island Tourism Authority (formerly known as the Catalina Island Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Bureau) is the official Destination Marketing and Management Organization for Catalina Island*.
Mission: To attract visitors and advocate for commerce on Catalina Island
Purpose: To advance the general welfare and prosperity of the Catalina Island Area so that its citizens and all areas of its business community shall prosper. All necessary means of promotion shall be provided and particular attention and emphasis shall be given to the economic, civic, commercial, cultural, industrial and educational interests of the area. The corporation is organized exclusively for purposes within the meaning of section 501(c) 6 of the Internal Revenue Code of the United States.
Vision: Avalon and Catalina Island make up a community where tourism promotion and economic vitality are supported by residents, local businesses and civic leaders to
- Ensure economic growth
- Encourage conservation of precious resources
- Be stewards for Catalina’s unique character
- Prepare for crisis or change
- Establish/maintain ample finances
- Be flexible and adaptive
IRS Classification: Nonprofit organization
Structure: Governed by a 19 Member Board of Directors
Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to,
- Tourism Promotion
- Media Relations
- Visitor & Member Services (Mixers, Fixers and operating the Catalina Island Visitor Center)
- Film Commission (Performing the duties of the Avalon Film Office and acting as a hub for Catalina Island Film Liaison Services)
- Event Management and Support services
- Tourism and Economic data Collection and Reporting
Access information on becoming a member of our organization or view resources like upcoming board meeting agendas, financials, board of directors roster, bylaws and contact information.
- Meetings, Minutes & Agendas
- Board of Directors
- Member Mixers and Events
- Advertising & Marketing
- Visitor Counts
- Join Us
Our 2022 Visitor Guide is here! Stop by the Catalina Island Visitor Center and pick up a copy or view online!
*A Destination Marketing and Management organization (DMO) is an organization that promotes a location as an attractive travel destination. DMOs are generally tied to the local government infrastructure as a form of Economic Development, often with funds being generated by specific taxes, such as hotel taxes, membership fees and sometimes government subsidies.