Love Catalina Island Logo

Catalina Chimes Tower

Located up above the Avalon Bay and across from the Zane Grey Pueblo Hotel, the Catalina Chimes have been tolling on the quarter of the hour between 8:00 am and 8:00 pm since 1925.

William Wrigley Jr. and wife Ada purchased the Westminster chimes from the Deagan Company of Chicago in 1925 and a Spanish-style structure was built to house the chimes. The Catalina Chimes Tower was presented as a gift to the town of Avalon by Mrs. Wrigley in hopes to add a bit of character to the island.  Only half the 400 or so chimes produced by the Deagan Company are still in operation today.