2023 Guide Information, Rates & Specs
It's time for the new 2023 Official Catalina Island Visitors Guide. Each year we produce the Guide as our #1 fulfillment piece and a primary source of information for visitors planning a trip to the island. This attractive, magazine style publication is designed to sell Catalina Island to prospective visitors as a premier, year-round vacation destination.
65,000 copies, printed in early January 2023.
The Visitor Guide will be available throughout 2023 and primarily distributed off-island to create interest in Catalina Island and offer trip planning guidance.
- Mailed in response to various advertising leads, phone, mail, online & email inquiries
- In racks at 7 California Welcome Centers, Santa Monica Visitor Centers, Catalina Express & Catalina Flyer terminals
- Mailed to 250+ AAA offices in CA, NV, AZ, UT, ID, WA & OR
- Distributed at Concierge, Travel & Cruise Industry Trade Shows
- In racks at So. CA hotels + 3 So. CA Airports: Burbank, John Wayne & San Diego
- In display racks at the Visitor Information Center on the Green Pleasure Pier
- BONUS: Online edition available at LoveCatalina.com - over 1 million annual website visitors - with direct links to your business from display ads and listings
DEADLINES - NEW DATES!
Early Bird - Contract & Payment: Friday, September 9, 2022 (extended from 9/1)
Final - ALL Contracts & Payment: Friday, September 23, 2022 (extended from 9/16)
LOVE CATALINA MEMBER BENEFIT
ALL Member Businesses receive one FREE listing in one of two categories* below:
*Business Directory Listing (not including hotels/vacation rentals) includes: business name, phone, website and description up to 200 characters. Additional or Premium Size Business Listings are also available for an additional fee.
*Hotel/Vacation Rental Business Directory Listing (in the Accommodation Grid Guide) includes: business name, address, phone, website, amenities, map reference and description up to 200 characters.
Various paid advertising opportunities are open to ALL Member Businesses**:
Premium Formatted Listing (hotels/vacation rentals only) includes: business name, address, phone, website, up to 400 character description and one image (2.5" x 2.375"). Grid Guide Listing at-a-glance viewing by area of interest in an easy to read chart format.
Grid Guide categories: Activities, Restaurants, Meeting & Event Venues.
Display Ads available on a first come, first served basis. Premium & Standard ad positions available. Previous premium advertisers will have first choice of all premium spots. **Non-member advertising rates are available upon request - contact us for more info.
Listing and advertising information has been emailed to all members and included in the Thursday Update. If you would like to received a printed packet, please contact Michelle, firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the Love Catalina Visitor Center on the Green Pleasure Pier. All files may also be download below.
2023 VISITORS GUIDE FILE DOWNLOADS
The 2023 Visitors Guide information one-sheet, all contracts (free and paid) and the rate & specifications card may be downloaded and printed using the links below.
Visitors Guide Info Sheet (all members)
Rate Card & File Specs (all members)
2023 Visitors Guide Member Packet:
- Business Directory Listing Contract (FREE - all members, except hotels/rentals)
- Accommodations Guide Contract (FREE - all hotels/rental members)
- Display Ad Contract ($ display ads open to all members) EARLY BIRD discount deadline is September 1, 2022
- Premium Formatted Listing Contract ($ - open to all hotel/rental members)
- Activity Guide Contract ($ - open to all activity members)
- Dining Guide Contract ($ - open to all dining members)
- Meeting & Event Venues Contract ($ - open to all meeting/event venue members)
View your previous listings and ads in the 2022 Digital Visitors Guide online.
Please contact Michelle Warner email@example.com if you have any questions regarding advertising or your listing(s).
Ad Size Specifications Full Page:
- 7.375” x 9.875”, Bleed 8.625” x 11.125”, Trim 8.375” x 10.875”
- 2 Page Spread: Bleed 17” x 11.125”, Trim 16.75” x 10.875”
- 2/3 Page: 4.8125” x 9.875”
- 1/2 Page: 7.375” x 4.875”
- 1/3 Page Vertical: 2.3125” x 9.875”
- 1/3 Page Square: 4.8125” x 4.875”
- 1/6 Page: 2.3125” x 4.875”
BUSINESS DIRECTORY & GRID GUIDE LISTINGS
- Business Directory Listings - 200 characters max
- Additional Business Directory Listings - 200 characters max
- Premium Business Directory Listings - 400 characters max
- Accommodations Grid Guide Listings - copy: 200 characters max + amenities & map
- Premium Formatted Listings (hotels/rentals only) - 400 characters max + one image
- Activity Grid Guide Listings - land/air & water categories
- Dining Grid Guide Listings - dining options & amenities
- Meeting & Event Grid Guide Listings - meeting facilities
THE FINE PRINT The publisher and its authorized agents are not responsible for errors, omissions or inaccuracies in information provided by the advertisers. The publisher or its authorized agents shall not be liable to the advertiser making the “Listing” for delays in publications or damages resulting from failure to include all or any of said listing or advertising in the Guide or from errors and omissions in the listing or advertising in the Guide in excess of the agreed upon price for such listing or advertising for the issue in which the error or omission occurs. Liability for any errors or omissions made in the “Free Listing” will be limited to no more than the equivalent cost of a second “standard” listing.
The publisher reserves the right to reject any advertisement or to request alterations in content prior to publication if said advertisement does not conform to the publication’s standards. Display ads may not contain coupons. Advertorials are not allowed on premium pages, but are allowed elsewhere with publisher’s permission. Advertisers and/or advertising agencies assume liability for all content (including text, representations, illustrations, trademarks or other copyright matter) of advertisements printed, and also assume responsibility for any and all claims arising therefrom. Publisher: Love Catalina, Catalina Island Tourism Authority, P.O. Box 217, Avalon, CA 90704, Telephone: 310-510-1520. Production & Design Agency: BobCo Design Inc.