Open Retail Locations & Services
- Abe's Liquor: 9am - 12 midnight
- Avalon Liquor: Open daily 8am to 10pm; closed from 1pm to 2pm
- Avalon Pack & Ship: Open 10am to 6pm Monday through Friday; 10am to 5pm Saturday
- Bay of the Seven Moons:
- Vitamins, supplements and hand sanitizer.
- Open with limited hours. Online shopping also available.
- Brown's Bikes; 310-510-0986. Open Saturday and Sunday 10-5pm for repairs.
- Catalina Beverage Company: Open to public 8am to 12pm Monday to Friday
- Catalina Divers Supply: 310-510-0330; Reservations required at Casino Point Dive Park.
- Chet's Hardware: 310-200-3563; 9am - 4pm Mon-Sat, closed Sun
- Surgical masks are available for purchase - packs of 3 or 50. Also have hand sanitizer and bleach available.
- Island Threadz: Open for curbside pick up, Saturdays & Sundays 10am-4pm
- Island Toy Store Plus More: Pet Supplies - Mon-Thu 1-5pm / Fri-Sun 12-5:30pm
- Leo's Drugstore:
- Open Mon-Fri 10 am - 4 pm, retail & pharmacy; offering delivery of medication and retail products from 3-5 pm. Saturday 10am - 2pm, retail only. (Only 2 people allowed in store at a time.) Closed Sundays.
- Senior Hour: 9am-10am Monday-Friday so that seniors can pick up medication with safer access, lower wait times and easier accessibility to counseling. We ask that if you are not a senior please refrain from trying to pick up your medication during this time.
- Surgical masks available for purchase
- Pebbly Beach Building Supply: Open Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 8am to 12pm
- Two Harbors General Store (at the Isthmus) - Open 9am to 4pm Monday & Friday and 9 am to 2 pm Tues-Thurs and Sat-Sun.
- Vons Grocery: Open daily, 7am to 10pm; (Golden Hours: Daily, 6-7 am. The set hours are available for senior citizens, and other at-risk members of our community such as pregnant women or those with compromised immune systems.)
Airport in the Sky—Now open to the public between 8 am and 7 pm. *Please note that as of 5/12, DC3 Gifts & Grill is not open at this time and the shuttle to Avalon is not in operation.
Avalon Community Church Food Bank
- Collecting food to help fill the shelves of the Avalon Community Church "Lord's Cupboard Food Pantry", located at 236 Metropole - open Wednesday's 12pm to 2pm
- Food drop off locations: Leo's, Vons, US Bank, City Hall Courtyard, Teen Center
- Monetary contributions can be made on the City of Avalon website here
- Landfill public scale hours: open Monday - Friday 1pm to 3pm
- Restricted access to the office due to strict observance of safe distancing.
- Residential Household Hazardous Waste Facility will be closed until further notice.
- Questions? Call 310-510-0240 Monday - Fri 9am to 4pm.
- Cal Recycle Info.(link to Cal Recycle COVID webpage)
- Operating on limited schedule: due to decreased demand for freight transport to Catalina Island
- Effective March 30, 2020, AFS will begin operating at a limited schedule.
- AFS will operate a minimum of 3 times a week and is prepared to add runs as needed.
Avalon Harbor Department
- Staff/patrol operational; Harbor Dept. pier office closed to the public.
- Please call 310-510-0535 or use VHF radio or if in person, push the button at the bottom of the stairs for assistance.
- Vessel dye-tablet testing temporarily suspended
- Mooring fees will be collected at individual boats by Harbor Patrol.
- Continues to serve student grab and go breakfast, lunch, and beginning Monday, May 4 - supper. All three meals (breakfast, lunch and supper) will be distributed during the usual meal service hour of 11:30am to 12:30pm, Monday through Friday. Parents can continue to pick up meals without children present with some form of documentation that shows the names of their children to match the number of meals requested.
- Home learning opportunities beginning online week of March 23.
- 4/16/20: Updated Grading Information & Expectations of Students; more info
- School closure extended through end of 2019-20 academic year; more info
Casino Dock Fuel Station (City of Avalon)
- Saturday & Sunday 8am to 11am
- Monday - Friday: call 310-510-0535 for emergency assistance
- Casino Dock restrooms closed as of 4/1/20
- Office closed until further notice - Customer Service available by phone 877.202.1491 & email email@example.com, 5am-7pm (Mon-Fri) & 5am- 5pm (Sat)
- Technical Support is available 24/7.
- 3/27/20 Update with WiFi HotSpot Access Information
- Free preview of all Premium Channels for the month of April
- Shore Boat/Water-taxi service - operating as usual
- Operating on a reduced schedule through May 31, 2020 with at-least two round-trips from Long Beach per day.
- San Pedro and Dana Point routes are suspended.
- Reservations 24 hours in advance highly recommended.
- Pursuant to California State Executive Order N-33-20 and Los Angeles County Public Health Officer, ALL NON-ESSENTIAL TRAVEL, including on the Catalina Express, is strictly prohibited.
Catalina Flying Boats Air Freight Service
- Operating on usual schedule
- Catalina Island office hours: Monday through Friday 9am to 4pm
Catalina Yamaha (golf cart service)
- Open Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5pm
- Call (310) 510-1011 for an appointment
- Operating on usual schedules but with increased safety protocols in place.
- Please call CIMC before visiting the Catalina Island Medical Center: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm, please call the CLINIC: (310) 510-0096; for all other hours, please call the HOSPITAL: (310) 510-0700
Catalina Island Conservancy Rangers
- Operating as usual.
- See updates on all other Conservancy Operations
- Staff working; City Hall closed to the public.
- Please call 310-510-0220 to make an appointment for assistance with resident subsidy cards, taxi vouchers, etc.
- Vehicle registration postponed-4/1/20 deadline to be extended, future date TBD.
- Facility rentals (including Tremont Hall) closed at this time
- Garibaldi Bus fixed-route bus service suspended, but Dial-a-Ride is operational.
- Operating local/commuter transport, extra sanitizing procedures in place
- Offering discounts to families that want to book every eat to buy out helicopters
Meals on Wheels Senior Meals
- Services as usual. Call 310-510-0220 x103 for menus and to place orders, call 310-510-0220 x230 for general information about the program.
Pebbly Beach Gas Station--operating on usual schedule.
- No change in services but altered staffing and schedules
- Click here for help with financial challenges & payments
Taxi Service (Catalina Transportation Services) – 7:30 am to 6:30 pm
TowBoatU.S. - service as usual; following CDC guidelines, and our fleet has embraced measures such as social distancing.
Two Harbors General Store - open on usual schedule
U.S. Post Office
- Operating on usual schedule
- Shops at Atwater Hours: Monday through Friday 7am to 6pm; Saturday 8am to 6pm; CLOSED Sunday
- New reduced hours: open 9:30am to 2pm Monday through Friday, CLOSED Saturday
- Use slot above night drop to deposit banking for other customers; any deposits made here will be processed the next business day.
- Everyday banking from the comfort of your home - download the US Bank app
- Bank From Home Flyer: English or Spanish
The Catalina Island Visitor Center will be staffed remotely from 10 am to 12 pm and 1 pm to 3 pm. Emails and voicemails will be monitored and returned.
Phone: 310-510-1520 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org