Open Retail Locations & Services
Please be advised that to accommodate for social distancing, most activities require advanced reservations. Please inquire with the individual business about their policies. Face coverings are required at all establishments on the island.
- Afishinados Charters: Catallac Flying Fish Tours
- Brown's Bikes; 310-510-0986. Open daily, 8:30am-5pm.
- Catalina Adventure Tours Semi-Submarine
- Black Jack
- Hermit Gulch
- Little Harbor
- Parsons Landing
- Two Harbors Campground
- Catalina Backcountry: open daily, camping and Trans-Catalina trail services. Reservations recommended.
- Catalina Coastal Tours: Open daily. Fishing expeditions and shore boat services.
- Catalina Divers Supply: 310-510-0330; Reservations recommended
- Catalina Electric Bike Rentals: 310-510-2221; Open daily 10am to 5pm
- Catalina Island Company Tours: 877-778-8322
- Catalina Aerial Adventure - Before July 14: open Friday to Tuesday, closed Wednesday and Thursday
- Catalina Falconry Experience - Weekends only, 9:45 AM and 11:45 AM tour times
- Discover Avalon Tour
- Discover Two Harbors (Cyclone)
- Glass Bottom Boat
- Hummer Tours
- Mini Golf Gardens - 9am-5pm daily beginning July 3
- Undersea Expedition
- Zip Line Eco Tour - Before July 14: open Friday to Tuesday, closed Wednesday and Thursday
- Catalina Island Conservancy Eco Tours: 310-510-2595
- Catalina Island Golf Carts: 310-510-1600; Open daily at 8 am.
- Catalina Taxi & Tours: taxi service 7:30 am to 7:30 pm, also offering our private Jeep Tours
- Descanso Beach Club: Cabanas and Chaise Lounges; full service daily 11am-5pm.
- Descanso Beach Ocean Sports: 310-510-1226, Open daily 9am. Kayak, snorkel, SUP, guided tours. Reservations needed for tours only.
- Guided Golf Cart Tours: 310-510-8575, tours run daily noon to 5pm
- Island Rentals: golf cart rentals
- Joe's Rent A Boat & Joe's Tackle Box 310-510-0455, 9am to 4pm
- Parasail Catalina
- Two Harbors Dive Shop: (310) 510-4272
- Urban Adventure Quest - Amazing Scavenger Hunt: available daily
- Wet Spot Rentals: (310) 510-2229, open daily. Kayaks, SUPs.
- Wildlands Express Shuttle Service: 310-510-0143, Avalon to Airport and Little Harbor
- Abe's Liquor: 9am - 12 midnight
- Afishinados Gallery: Thursday through Monday, 10 am-5 pm.
- Avalon Bay Company
- Avalon Liquor: Open daily 8am to 10pm; closed from 1pm to 2pm
- Avalon Pack & Ship: Open 10am to 6pm Monday through Friday; 10am to 5pm Saturday
- Bay of the Seven Moons
- Buoys & Gulls
- Catalina Beverage Company: Open to public 8am to 12pm Monday to Friday
- Catalina Pottery & Tile
- Catalina Souvenir
- Chet's Hardware: 310-200-3563; 9am - 4pm Mon-Sat, closed Sun
- Surgical masks are available for purchase - packs of 3 or 50. Also have hand sanitizer and bleach available.
- Ciao-Baci: open daily, 8:30am to 5pm.
- Also sells cloth face masks and coverings as well as travel sized hand sanitizer.
- DC3 Gifts & Grill at Airport in the Sky
- Island Breeze Spa & Salon
- Island Threadz: Open Saturdays & Sundays 10am-4pm
- Island Toy Store Plus More: Pet Supplies - Mon-Thu 1-5pm / Fri-Sun 12-5:30pm
- Latitude 33
- Leo's Drugstore:
- Open Mon-Fri 10 am - 4 pm, retail & pharmacy; offering delivery of medication and retail products from 3-5 pm. Saturday 10am - 2pm, retail only. (Only 2 people allowed in store at a time.) Closed Sundays.
- Surgical masks available for purchase
- Metropole Marketplace: retail shops, eateries, day spa
- Pebbly Beach Building Supply: Open Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 8am to 12pm
- Two Harbors General Store (at the Isthmus) - Open 9am to 4pm Sunday-Thursday; 9 am to 6 pm Friday & Saturday.
- The Steamer Trunk
- Vons Grocery: Open daily, 7am to 10pm; (Golden Hours: Daily, 6-7 am. The set hours are available for senior citizens, and other at-risk members of our community such as pregnant women or those with compromised immune systems.)
- White Buffalo Thrift Store
Airport in the Sky—Open to the public between 8 am and 7 pm. *Please note DC3 Gifts & Grill has reopened with updated hours and menu. Outside dining will be in accordance with social distancing guidelines, and masks will be required in restaurant except while eating.
Avalon Community Church Food Bank
- Collecting food to help fill the shelves of the Avalon Community Church "Lord's Cupboard Food Pantry", located at 236 Metropole - open Wednesday's 12pm to 2pm
- Food drop off locations: Leo's, Vons, US Bank, City Hall Courtyard, Teen Center
- Monetary contributions can be made on the City of Avalon website here
- Landfill public scale hours: open Monday - Friday 1pm to 3pm
- Restricted access to the office due to strict observance of safe distancing.
- Residential Household Hazardous Waste Facility will be closed until further notice.
- Questions? Call 310-510-0240 Monday - Fri 9am to 4pm.
- Cal Recycle Info.(link to Cal Recycle COVID webpage)
Avalon Freight Services
Avalon Harbor Department
- Staff/patrol operational; Harbor Dept. pier office closed to the public.
- Please call 310-510-0535 or use VHF radio or if in person, push the button at the bottom of the stairs for assistance.
- Mooring fees will be collected at individual boats by Harbor Patrol.
Casino Dock Fuel Station (City of Avalon)
- Saturday & Sunday 8am to 11am
- Monday - Friday: call 310-510-0535 for emergency assistance
- Operating on a reduced schedule through September 7; Reservations 24 hours in advance highly recommended.
Catalina Flyer from Newport
Catalina Flying Boats Air Freight Service
Catalina Yamaha (golf cart service)
- Operating on usual schedules but with increased safety protocols in place.
- Please call CIMC before visiting the Catalina Island Medical Center: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm, please call the CLINIC: (310) 510-0096; for all other hours, please call the HOSPITAL: (310) 510-0700
- Staff working; City Hall closed to the public.
- Please call 310-510-0220 to make an appointment for assistance with resident subsidy cards, taxi vouchers, etc.
- Facility rentals (including Tremont Hall) closed at this time
- Garibaldi Bus and Dial-a-Ride are operational.
- Operating local/commuter transport, extra sanitizing procedures in place
- Offering discounts to families that want to book every seat to buy out the helicopters
Meals on Wheels Senior Meals
- Services as usual. Call 310-510-0220 x103 for menus and to place orders, call 310-510-0220 x230 for general information about the program.
Pebbly Beach Gas Station--operating on usual schedule.
Taxi Service (Catalina Taxi & Tours) – 7:30 am to 7:30 pm, also offering our Jeep Tours
TowBoat U.S. - service as usual; following CDC guidelines, and our fleet has embraced measures such as social distancing.
U.S. Post Office
- Shops at Atwater Hours: Monday through Friday 7am to 6pm; Saturday 8am to 6pm; CLOSED Sunday
- New reduced hours: open 9:30am to 2pm Monday through Friday, CLOSED Saturday
The Catalina Island Visitor Center at the Green Pier.
- Opening with modified hours Friday, June 19 (based on demand and subject to change or adjustment):
- Friday & Saturday: 8am - 5pm
- Sunday: 10am - 12pm and 1pm - 4pm
- Monday - Thursday: 10am - 12pm and 1pm - 3pm
Phone: 310-510-1520 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org