Visitor Services Specialist
Position Status: Part-time 20 to 35 hours/week (Seasonal Variations)
Reports To: Visitor & Member Services Manager
Job Summary: Welcomes Catalina Island visitors and performs various related duties to
enhance the visitor experience.
Essential Job Functions: Under the direction of the Visitor & Member Services Manager,
welcomes guests at the Catalina Island Visitor Center or other assigned locations. Answers
questions in response to visitor inquiries, refers them as necessary to the appropriate places of
business, staff person or department, and performs various clerical duties as required.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
● Works in a floating capacity welcoming and assisting guests at the Catalina Island Visitor
Center and/or offsite
● Answers telephone and assists callers or refers to appropriate persons
● Answers online generated questions and emails
● Maintains inventory and re-stocks brochures and visitors guides
● Maintains accurate visitor statistics
● Maintains a visitor inquiry database (CRM)
● Updates digital monitor and online visitor services information
● Updates hotel and vacation rental availability in-house
● Updates and maintains Calendar of Events
● Updates and maintains restaurant and activities information
● Prepares and processes mail for visitor inquiries including visitors guide requests
● Processes credit card transactions
● Sells tickets and gift certificates
● Works at Love Catalina events as needed
● Maintains a high level of confidentiality
● Assists Visitor & Member Services Manager and administrative staff with various duties as
● Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs
● Ability to work holidays, weekends, and some evening events
Apply in person at the Catalina Island Visitor Center, 1 Green Pleasure Pier, Avalon, CA. 90704 or
online by emailing a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.
Hourly non-exempt position, part-time to start with possibility of full-time employment. Familiarity
with Catalina Island preferred. Open until filled.