Love Catalina Island welcomes the season with special activities and offerings,
and entices visitors with memorable experiences
AVALON, CALIF. (March 31, 2023) – Warm sunshine, blooming flowers, and more await you at Catalina Island, with an array of new and seasonal events this spring. Love Catalina Island, the official Tourism Authority has the perfect spring trip for you and your family to take part in. From seasonally tailored programming to unique cultural experiences, there’s something for everyone to enjoy while visiting Catalina.
New Offerings and Upcoming Events:
- The Avalon Hotel | Boat & Hotel Package: Spring on Catalina can be magical. Avalon Hotel is offering a mid-week package of round-trip ferry tickets and two nights in a luxurious hotel room. Plus, guests can choose from a couple of unique adventure activities: mountain biking the wild island interior or sailing excursion off the pristine coast as optional add-ons. All this can be enjoyed by contacting the innkeepers at The Avalon Hotel, who will help put together a custom “Spring Breezes on Catalina Package” that will include:
- Two round trip tickets on the Catalina Express cross-channel ferry.
- Complimentary taxi from Avalon port to the hotel.
- Two-night, mid-week stay in one of the Craftsman-style guest rooms.
- Extended Continental Breakfast in our private Koi Pond Garden.
Packages start at $349 per person – Two nights, double occupancy required. Learn more here.
- Hotel Metropole: To make lifelong memories and spring into this season, Hotel Metropole, centrally located in the heart of Avalon and just steps from the beach, is offering a “Spring Special Package” that will include:
- One night in a Deluxe room
- One Bottle of champagne
- Cheesebox for two
The package starts at $282/night plus tax. Use code "SPRING" to book online. Learn more here.
- Hotel Vista Del Mar: Enjoy sunny days at Hotel Vista Del Mar with the “stay more, save more” offer.
- Stay one night and save 20% on all room rates.
- Stay two nights or more and save 25%.
Offer is valid for stays from March 24, 2023, through and including May 25, 2023. Must book consecutive nights to redeem the discount. Discount is applied to room rate only. It cannot be applied to existing reservations. Subject to availability. Offer not valid for group reservations. Rates and dates are subject to change. Terms and conditions apply. To book visit here.
- Pavilion Hotel | Atwater Hotel | Banning House Lodge in Two Harbors: Spend more time experiencing all there is to do on Catalina Island with an extended getaway. Book two nights and receive your third night complimentary at Pavilion Hotel, Hotel Atwater, or Banning House Lodge in Two Harbors. Use your extra time on Catalina Island by experiencing nature on a hike, sipping on a cocktail at the Avalon Grille, or spotting a bison in the backcountry. Go to VisitCatalinaIsland.com or call 877.778.8322 to book today! Offer available until June 30, 2023. Visit here to learn more.
- Catalina Spring Art Fair & Craft Festival | April 7-9: The Catalina Art Association presents the 2023 Catalina Island Arts & Crafts Festival on Easter Weekend from April 7 – 9, 2023—the three-day outdoor festival along Avalon's waterfront is filled with fun family events, tons of interactive booths and more. Visit here to see hours and more details.
- Catalina Museum for Art & History: The Catalina Museum of Art & History presents the art installation Below the Surface: The Catalina Photographs of Bruce Hall, featuring a collection of underwater photographs captured over decades at Catalina’s Casino Point Dive Park, the country’s earliest underwater preserve. The art installation is curated by guest curator Douglas McCulloh and is currently on view through January 2024. For more information about Below the Surface: Catalina Photographs of Bruce Hall art installation at Catalina Museum for Art & History, visit here.
- Taste Around Avalon | June 1: This popular annual event offers a chance to taste delightful food, cocktails, and non-alcoholic beverages from Avalon’s finest dining establishments from 5 pm-9 pm on Thursday, June 1. Diners can vote for their favorite “Tastes” of food, drink, and dessert as the Best Taste of the Year! Learn more about his delicious event here.
- Avalon Restaurant Week | June 2-8: Food lovers can try some of Avalon's best eats and sips during the 9th year of Avalon Restaurant Week. Visitors can join a foodie celebration from Friday, June 2, through Thursday, June 8, to indulge in a variety of specially created dishes and menus. Learn more here.
- Catalina Wine Mixer | June 2-3: The Catalina Wine Mixer weekend includes live entertainment, wine tastings from more than 18 wineries, special VIP programming, a whiskey and spirits tasting, and an exclusive wine pairing lunch. Enjoy music, dancing, fantastic food, fine wines, and an official Avalon Theatre screening of Step Brothers, the hilarious comedy classic that started it all. Festgoers returning to the Catalina Wine Mixer are also in for an updated look featuring the island’s iconic art tile. The colorful illustrations take inspiration from the classic, hand-glazed clay squares, designed in the 20s and 30s, found all over Avalon. The fun tiles connect to the island, the event, as well as the cult classic movie which inspired the summer event.
Unlimited tastings start at $109. Visit here for tickets and more information.
- Scuba by Design: Discover the joy and wonder found beneath the waves in your own time, at your own pace. Whether it's a day of fun, trying scuba for the first time, or taking the plunge to get certified, Scuba by Design can create a custom adventure for all. Options include both adaptive and concierge diving, undersea scooters, and more. Coming to Catalina Island in Spring 2023. Plan your experience here.
To stay up to date on events on the island, visit https://www.lovecatalina.com/events/. For more information about Love Catalina, please visit www.lovecatalina.com.
About Love Catalina Island Tourism Authority:
With 230 members, the non-profit organization Love Catalina Island Tourism Authority is the champion of the island’s business community. The organization fosters a successful economy through the promotion of the island as an attractive destination for travel with a focus on sustainability. For more information, please visit www.LoveCatalina.com and join the conversation on Facebook (www.facebook.com/lovecatalinaisland), Instagram (@lovecatalinaisland), and Twitter (@lovecatalina_).
About Catalina Island:
A picture-perfect island paradise just 22 miles off the coast of Southern California, Catalina is a beautiful, dynamic, eclectic destination with a rich history, wide open spaces, and fresh ocean breezes. Catalina offers 25 lodging properties and 300 vacation rentals, including bed and breakfast inns, seaside condominiums, charming bungalows and hotels. The Island boasts 33 palate-pleasing restaurants, lively seaside bars, and an abundance of on- and off-water activities and amenities. Also, home to eight marine sanctuaries and the Catalina Island Conservancy (with 48,000 acres of pristine protected wilderness), these island treasures offer endless year-round outdoor recreation possibilities. Catalina Island is the perfect getaway all visitors will love. For more information, please visit www.LoveCatalina.com.
62ABOVE on behalf of Catalina Island
Ana Lanzas email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org